Beer & Soda Can Lid Installation
We provide a full range of lidding services including lid installation, drinking cup conversion, and stretching cans. We only do repair on indoor cans. We can repair:
- 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, & 16 oz beer and soda cans
- 12 oz cone tops and bottoms
We pay special attention to detail ensuring that top quality work is completed on each can. Repairs are done in a way that the work is almost undetectable. This is done by either reusing the original lid or using a donor lid from a similar vintage can.
* Please do not request that we replace a lid with a different style than what the can originally came with. For example, we will not replace a pull tab lid with a flat top or a standard pull tab with a zip tab. We take integrity seriously and want to ensure that the work that we do is as close to original as possible.
It is the customer’s responsibility to provide the donor can to ensure you will be happy with how the lid matches the overall condition of the can. The used donor can will not be returned. We have a supply of donor lids available. Prices vary depending on the style of the lid.
We prefer not to install brand new lids as the results are inferior to using a donor can. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide new lids. On occasion we have a limited supply of new lids. As this method requires less time the work can be done for a lower price. The labor to install a new lid is typically $5 – $10.
When stretching a can we remove both the top and bottom lids. There is a flange under the lid that can be used to increase the can height. This make it possible for us to remove gear marks while still preserving the correct can height. The outcome of stretching can be unpredictable as it relies on the condition of the metal and the paint under the rim.
Below is our pricing. Call us at 858-900-3308 or e-mail us pictures of your cans to discuss the repair costs. Please note that the prices below are for labor only; the cost of lids is extra.
Flat Tops & Pull Tabs:
- Add new lid to a can – $10
- Add new lid to can with a rolled lip or existing rim – $15.
- Add either donor top or bottom – $25.
- Add donor lid to can with rolled lip – $30.
- Convert drinking cup, with handle, into a can – $40.
- Stretch can to hide gear marks – $50.
- Add new top and bottom to a rolled can – $20
- Add donor top and bottom to a rolled can – $50
Cone Tops (12 oz):
- Add cone bottom or spout – $30.
- Convert drinking cup, with handle, into a can – $45.
- Add donor top and bottom to a rolled can – $60
- Add bottom – $40.
- Add spout or bottom – $50.
- Add donor top and bottom to a rolled can – $100
Shipping & Insurance:
The customer is responsible for shipping and insurance costs. If insurance is not requested then it is the customer’s responsibility for any cans that are damaged or lost during the shipping process.
Terms & Conditions:
Repair work will only be completed if the customer agrees to the disclaimer and if they sell the can that they will disclose the work that has been done.