Why is Condition Important?
The value of all antiques and collectibles is significantly impacted by condition. The beer can hobby uses a scale of 1 to 5 to describe the condition of a can, which is called grading. To fine tune the grading, +/- signs are used. Detailed below is the explanation of the grades. Art’s Beer Cans is not interested in buying or selling cans less than grade 2 condition. Contact Art at 858-900-3308 or email@example.com to learn how the grading of the cans you have for sale impacts the value.
- 1+: One or 2 tiny imperfections such as minor nick or a small canning dent.
- A1+: A few minor imperfections but nothing distracting.
- 1/1+: Several small imperfections like a small scratch, dent, or minor humidity spot, but nothing really distracting. Any imperfections are contained to a few very minor areas.
- Nice 1: Several imperfections like scratching, dents, or humidity spots, but nothing real distracting.
- 1: A few noticeable imperfections. Flaws are minor, but may be distracting to some. Imperfections can include small scratches, dents, humidity spots, and slight fading.
- 1/1-: Some obvious imperfections, but still displays well. The imperfections may include moderate scratches, dents, humidity spots, and slight fading.
- 1-: Overall displays nicely but does have one or more significant flaws along with normal wear. Imperfections may include moderate scratches, dents, humidity spots, and slight fading.
- 2+: Some moderate flaws to include scratches, dents, fade, and/or rust. This is still an indoor can and has an overall decent display. Cans this grade and worse are often called off-grade.
- 2: Some significant flaws – scratching, dents, humidity, or fading. No holes, usually an indoor can.